Monday, Sept. 20 Attitude

Current Position: 00-17.5S / 141-05W
My family knows how important I think the "A" word is. I've even got the Latts & Atts sticker aboard still, as well as other writings on how our thoughts create our reality. So how can the thought of hand steering 2000 miles change how I look at everyday things....even the clouds in the sky? I've always tried to be an optomist and see the glass as half full, not half empty. So far this trip, we've had the most beautiful weather a sailor can ask for. Also add a great third watch mate; 2 hours on and 4 off doesn't sound horrible for a 2+ week trip. I guess the old saying goes...'you don't miss it as much if you've never had it' applies. It comes down to choices again. I don't think I'd choose to sail on a boat without self steering capabilities. So when things 'break' or you can't get them working....changing my attitude is more work for me....and seeing as I'd rather not work (I'm retired, right?), it's not always easy to practice what I preach. But hey....THE VANE IS WORKING FINE NOW...so life is good once more...
Attitude: The difference between an adventure and an ordeal. It's still high on my list!
We'll have a "passing the equator" party soon....Matt will graduate from a polywog to a shellback. And I can't believe we've only had our own ceremony 7 months ago...how time flies when the sea miles pass under the keel. S

No comments: